Valence Park: Play Builder Project
Valence House is the only surviving of the five manor houses of Dagenham and is partially surrounded by a medieval moat. The Grade 2* Listed building originates from the 1400′s with later extensions added at various times. It is now the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham’s local history museum and its grounds are a public park.
Plincke were initially appointed to prepare design proposals to improve the setting of the house, including excavating the moat. The commission was extended to include proposals for the adjacent park. This followed a successful application to Play England for Play Builder funding. The investment has increased significantly play opportunities in the park, especially natural play.
Both the restored and rejuvenated landscape around the Listed house and the park improvement works were completed in 2010.