War Memorial Park, Coventry
Coventry’s premier public park with both formal & informal areas adjacent to historic woodland (LNR, SSSI) and forming a part of the Kenilworth Road Conservation Area. The 50-ha site is archaeologically sensitive with evidence of ridge & furrow. A range of buildings including park pavilions & a war memorial date from the original 1920′s masterplan.
Plincke Landscape completed a long-term restoration and renewal strategy and secured a £3.9 million Stage 1 & 2 HLF Parks for People grant towards the £4.8 million costs. The practice won the follow commission to oversee the implementation of the site works.