Gheluvelt Park

The public park first opened in June 1922 as a memorial to the Battle of Gheluvelt and sits within an archaeological constraints area on the edge of a Conservation Area. Plincke prepared a successful Stage 1 application to the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Parks for People Programme.

The designs were developed through extensive community consultation, and include a new interactive water play space, new dry play area, interpretative memorial feature and horticultural strategy. The Memorial and Park were officially reopened on 14 August 2010.